These are the very first 4 pairs of Paper Roads Trail Panniers – at one time introductory prices! (Sold in pairs)
Designed for the demands of bikepacking and off-road adventures, the Trail Panniers feature specific elements unique from off-the-shelf touring or commuting panniers:
- EPX200 styles weigh only 320g per pannier / EPLX400 styles weigh 360g per pannier
- 16L max. capacity per pair - same volume as some of the largest saddlebags on the market. Ensures no overpacking to keep your loaded bike manageable during hike-a-bike.
- Super compact, low profile shape. Good clearance from the ground for singletrack.
- 2-panel construction rather than the common 3 panels = minimal seams which minimises water ingress
- Fibreglass battens + plastic insert reinforce the back, especially against mounting rail.
- Velcro straps used are much preferred in bikepacking panniers, rather than clip-on mounting hardware, eliminating weight & chances of hardware failure & loosening bolts.
- Wide centre strap + 2 side straps insert into thick Hypalon slot panel with extra slots to fit any rack. Removable straps mean they can be replaced when worn, or replaced with Voile straps.
- Velcro across back panel holds straps with immense sheer strength, wherever the straps are positioned.
- Front strap holder – prevents unbuckled straps from running into wheels or dragging on the ground if you ride off forgetting to buckle up.
- Choose a non-seam taped or seam taped pair – supply your own dry bag liner or add a pair of liners made from UltraTX – super light, super strong
- Common bikepacking advice: use a dry bag liner or multiple small dry bags to pack any bag. Best safeguard against water.
Dimensions: 28cm wide x 24cm tall x 9cm deep / 35cm tall at max. capacity / 8L per bag, 16L max. per pair
Made-to-order available soon.
- Do not throw into washing machine or dryer.
- Scrub with a plastic bristle brush
- If doing a thorough clean, use Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarWash and SolarProof.
- Do not use detergent or softeners